The Discom measurement system archives and indexes measured data and the corresponding metadata in an efficient data set and database structure (SQL server). It forms the basis of numerous statistical evaluations in the context of production analysis (including trend analyses and failure rates). Discom provides a modern and reliable intranet-based web service for this, the WebPal software.
Statistical analyses and reports
WebPal is the Discom tool for statistics and trend analysis. This software tracks production and creates time lines, value distributions, statistics for NOK rates and top-N errors, etc. All of these are presented to the user in a variety of forms (illustrations, tables, reports) and are available for export (Excel, pdf). This ensures that users always keep their data in sight and can spot trends in production at an early stage.
Modern and secure web service
WebPal is an intranet-based web service that runs on a central Windows server and can be conveniently operated with a browser (Edge) from any office PC on the local network. In addition to the various statistics, WebPal makes it possible to download archived measurement files to the user PC for further offline analysis – even if the data is stored outside of the office network for security reasons. The use of HTTPS and SSL/TLS encryption guarantees tap-proof communication and secure data transfer between server and client. User authorizations are controlled by the Windows authentication of the IIS and can therefore be conveniently connected to the domain active directory.
Custom-made database queries
If the available analyses and report options do not meet the specific requirements, Discom experts can provide custom-made database queries and statistical evaluations on request – as scripts that can be automated and/or as an extension to the existing WebPal installation.
Overview of manufacturing quality
- Clear and reliably predictive statistics in the form of graphics, tables and pdf reports
- Information about manufacturing quality
- Statements about trends in production
Data security on the intranet
- HTTPS & SSL/TLS
- User authorization based on Windows authentication
- Modern browser support (Edge Chromium)
Statistics that reduce rejects
- WebPal provides an in-depth database for adapting manufacturing early on
- Reduction in faulty products and therefore also in expensive rejects
- An important tool for keeping a handle on and improving production costs
Optimized data access on the intranet
- Download measurement files to the user PC for additional offline analysis
- Custom-made database queries for customer-specific analyses
Have we caught your interest?
Do you have any questions?
Would you like a consultation?