Tested for 180,000 revolutions per minute
The manufacturing quality of turbochargers must be especially high: After all, the unit must perform at up to 180,000 revolutions per minute. With an acoustic measurement solution from Discom, production errors in end-of-line testing can be reliably detected and pinpointed. Regular measurements even detect manufacturing trends and are able to prevent limit values from being exceeded at an early stage.
Detecting sources of errors reliably
The Discom measurement system reliably detects production errors such as damaged rotors or bent blades. The faulty component can be precisely identified with the TasAlyser evaluating software.
Measurement system for high frequencies: Sensors and data acquisition
To measure the turbocharger fans, which rotate at an extremely high speed, Discom uses sensors capable of measuring high frequencies and the TAS28 data acquisition system with a sample rate of 200 kHz/channel:
Air pressure sensors
Measurements are analyzed with the Discom TasAlyser software. The software already has an extensive parameter database with all necessary characteristic quantities for testing turbochargers. The Discom analysis tools and results database make it possible to monitor production and recognize trends.
Exact measurements of high frequencies
- Individual solutions: Depending on the test specimen and test bench situation, different sensors can be used
- Sensors acquire the high frequencies of the rotating fans
- Complete solution for measurements consisting of sensor, frontend and TasAlyser software
- Extensive parameter database accompanying the analysis software
Real-time measurements for fast fixes in production
- Measurement analyses in real time
- Fast correction of production when limit values are reached
- Fewer rejects
- Increased manufacturing quality